Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

Never Stop Learning About Photography, Nutrition, .....

Because this is a blog about photography, and to a lesser extent, nutrition (as it can make a difference in your portrait results), I'll mostly be talking about these two things.  However, there are many other topics to choose from, things that affect your style of life.

I am constantly reading photo books, blogs (Jasmine Star, etc.) magazines, attending photo webinars (CreativeLIVE, those given by Adorama, etc.) and more.  I've been making photos for a long time and much of what I read, etc., is review for me, but there's always something new to learn, some new ideas to try, perhaps a new pose, etc.  Yesterday I was reading about a new form (new to me, anyway), called 2257.  The author said he uses it for all his shoots.  Should I also use it, or should you?  After researching it further, I probably won't use it.  But will use its guidelines for checking ID's to make sure the subject of a photo session is over 18.

This brings me to something else that is important to learn - how to find what you want with Google and other search engines.  For this example, I entered into Google, "What is form 2257 for photography?"  Over 5 million entries came up.  As with anything, the more you practice, the better you get.

Some old photos shot in Venice CA many years ago - Charmers Tea House is no longer there.



No comments:

Post a Comment