Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

If You Keep Doing What You've Always Done, You'll Keep Getting What You Always Got

I've mentioned in prior posts all the health problems I had growing up (4-5 colds and flues a year, headaches, dandruff, ulcers, allergies, and more).  And I've mentioned how I've changed my diet to healthy whole foods (no sugar if possible, no preservatives, organic, no chemicals, no GMO's, etc.) and thereby eliminated almost all of the earlier health problems.  What I haven't mentioned is what I used to eat.  And drink.

Some of what I used to ingest - candy (milk duds, candy bars, salt water toffee, m&m's, tootsie rolls, etc.), hot dogs (haven't had one in over 30 years), hamburgers (maybe one a year or less now), margarine (they said it was healthier than butter - they lied, and haven't had that in over 30 years), junk food (cupcakes with sugar, danish with sugar, cake with sugar, etc.), bacon, canned fruits with sugar, canned foods with salt and sugar (and many of these with other chemicals such as MSG, artificial color, etc.), steak and liver (from who knows what kind of cows), white bread with preservatives, bologna, salami, pastrami, and on and on.  And soft drinks (in the Summer, 4-6 bottles of Coke, Pepsi, RC Cola, orange soda, etc.).

Another advantage to a healthy diet - after a while on it, everything starts to taste better.  And you don't wake up in the morning with that horrible ugly taste in your mouth.

In short, I stopped doing what I had always done, and stopped getting what I had always got.  You can make those changes too.  When you do, problems will very likely fade away over time (my "nervous stomach" took about six months to fade away).  So if you make the right changes to your diet, give it time.  Some problems may take a few months, some may take a few years.  But in time, you'll not only feel better, you'll look better.  Which means, getting back to photography, you'll get better photos of yourself.  And it will be easier on the photographer (me?) because he or she won't have to touch up as much!

It is my hope that if you read this, you will go to health.  I'll be continuing more about this in future posts.

Helpful tip - when you go food shopping, remember that if you don't buy something, you won't be able to eat it when you get that craving.  And don't go shopping when you're hungry.

That's it for today - have a great and healthy weekend, and a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment