Search This Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Models at Venice Beach - Ready for Rain or Shine

Before I forget, hope everyone has had a Happy Easter.

Maybe my headline should have been Beauty and the Beach - because I saw these two models at Venice Beach, just opposite the paddle tennis courts.  As those who know me know I spend some time there, usually playing paddle tennis when not injured.  I currently have a wrist injury, so have been spectating instead, and doing more hunting for photos to shoot.  I suppose this would come under the heading of Street Photography.  I've been doing that in Venice for around 30 years or so, on and off.  Depending on the situation, I try to remain as unobtrusive as possible.  At Venice Beach, that can be difficult because there are so many people that it's difficult to get a clear shot, but patience pays off, as can be seen below.







The below photo is from around 20 years ago, perhaps more - there were still phone booths at Venice Beach.  I didn't know it at the time I shot this, but I knew the model on the far left.  She looked different in the photo.


The below photo was shot at the same phone booths.  I was skating by at the time, and never saw anyone sitting in one of these booths, so had to get the shot.  She saw me shooting the photo, and got a nice laugh out of it.  We talked a bit before I skated on, and she got back to her long distance call.


Well, that's it for today.  Next post will be back to health....probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment