Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

An Interesting Book & a Change to These Posts

Many years ago I was a member of the Science Fiction Book Club.  One of the books I bought was named "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."  However, before I ever got the chance to read it, I loaned it to someone, never to see it again (moral:  only loan things that you can do without).  I had read the dust jacket, and it was about a twin of planet Earth, in the same orbit, but at 180 degrees from us - on the opposite side of the sun.  That sounded interesting and I had always wondered what the plot was.

Fast forward around 40 years (I told you it was many years ago), where now we have the internet and can find almost anything we look for.  I found the book - it had been renamed to "Echo X," and was being sold for 86 cents (used), plus $3.99 shipping.  Forty years plus after getting the original book, I finally got to read it.  The twin Earth had figured out how to do away with conflicts and wars, and also became technologically advanced, eradicated disease, etc.  The book was written was during the cold war and the threat of nuclear war.  But the twin world was about love and peace, and our world about war and killing.  The twin Earth contacted us, and gave us the opportunity to share their advanced knowledge, but when they discovered the dangers of the way we lived, decided it would be best not to share it, after all.  Of course, there's a lot more to it, including a love story, but you'll have to get the book for the rest.

Wouldn't it be nice if this Earth was like the twin Earth - no wars, technology used only for good, no diseases, and everyone had all they need to live a happy and contented life.

Now, about the change to my posting on this blog.  I think the dual posts about photography and health is confusing for people who come here for photography only.  So I may start a separate health blog - but will discontinue health articles here.  Photography posts will either be weekly or monthly (probably monthly for a while), unless I have some new and interesting photos to post, which I will post as they happen.

Thanks for being here and hope you learned something helpful about how to improve your health.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment