Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Before Buying Anything Advertised

Although my expertise is in Photography and Vitamins/Supplements (so I write mostly about those things or related), anytime I see or hear anything advertised, I check it out on the internet.  The latest was an ad for Clear TV.  The ad made it sound like you would no longer need cable and hinted that Clear TV would give you everything, but the reality, after researching it, was that it was no different than your regular antenna - all you get is what is called antenna TV.  Whatever channels are local to you.

As far as those infomercials - always research those.  I've read about many horror stories from people ordering those items.  Just use Google, type in whatever product is being sold, then add the word "problems," "complaints," "scam," or something similar.  Then if you decide to buy, you'll at least know what to expect.

On a more positive note, buying through Amazon and Ebay offer some protections.  For photography, besides using those two, I have also used Adorama, which has been excellent.  For vitamins and supplements, the two places I used most are Vitacost and Swanson.  One time, before I knew any better, I ordered a camera from some other place I found on the internet.  Never got the product, and was told by the company I had to file a credit card dispute to get my money back.  If I had checked them out beforehand I never would have ordered from them.  They had a terrible reputation.

Hope this article saves somebody some time and money.

Enjoy your weekend and stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment