Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013 (and some people to be thankful for)

Hope you had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.  I was riding my bicycle down (not sure I say down, but anyway...well, I guess the elevation is a tiny bit lower at the beach, LOL) to Venice Beach on Thanksgiving to play paddle tennis, and as I just crossed Pacific Avenue, a friend/paddle tennis player called me over to Bellissimo Venice , where they were giving out free turkey sandwiches, coffee, and other food.  I had a sandwich (not a coffee drinker), and after thanking them and about to leave, they gave me about a dozen sandwiches to give out at the paddle tennis courts.  The courts were pretty empty, but was able to find enough people to give them all out - which I enjoyed doing, and they enjoyed receiving.

Here is a photo of me with the free sandwich organizer.


Then, on the bleachers by the paddle tennis courts, was a family that each year gives out free pie (apple and pumpkin).  It's nice to see these very nice people.  Speaking of people like this, I have to mention two of my favorite photographers, who give back so much to the photography community, and more.

The first one is Tamara Lackey - here is a link to her blog:  http://tamaralackeyblog.com/finding-joy-whenever-wherever/ - she had a contest about finding joy, and the winner would receive a coupon for a free cup of coffee.  I was one of the winners, but don't drink coffee, so asked her to give it to another person whose post was good.  She has also had other contests and give aways, plus always is sharing he knowledge and more.  I first saw her on CreativeLive, and she has been a favorite of mine ever since.

Equally, Jasmine Star Photography - I'm sure you'll love her blog posts and her FB page, too.  She has supplied a road map to how she built her business, so you can learn how to build yours.  Here is her blog:  http://www.jasminestarblog.com/index.cfm

As for me - if you have any questions about photography (or vitamins and supplements, my other specialty), please don't hesitate to ask.

As always, stay well and enjoy all that you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment