Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

Photography Portraits - Hidden Faces

First, I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  It was like Summer at Venice Beach, California, and is continuing that way for now.  Here's one of my Christmas photos taken by a friend at the paddle tennis courts.



Now, on with the headline:  I Read an interesting article that I wanted to share with you.  If you take a lot of photos of people, especially close-up, you may be photographing more than just the person you are photographing.  including yourself.  Here is the link to the article:
http://www.kurzweilai.net/reflected-hidden-faces-in-photographs-revealed-in-pupil

Now to look through some of my photos....

Well, didn't find any faces in the eyes, but did see a reflector or two, and perhaps a figure in the pupil of one.  With the sunglasses, I did see part of myself reflected.  The cameras I used in the past were probably not high enough resolution to make out reflected facial features.

You can see the window in the reflection in her eye.  Not sure if I'm visible.


Same as above, but I think my silhouette is visible - blocking part of the window reflection.


With the sun glasses a lot more is visible, even at lower resolutions.  Had her face been turned a little, I would have had a portrait of myself in her glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment