Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Your Health, and What Is Affecting It, or May Be Affecting It

It seems there's no shortage of news these days about health maladies.  What there seems to be a shortage of is what is causing the problems, and what to do about it.  The latest malady on the news has been about the increase in autism.  Below is a link for an article in Scientific American on Autism.   When I read the article, I noticed the sharpest rise started in the early 1990s.  I also noticed that was around the time that GMO foods entered our diets.  Might there be a connection?  I have no idea, but it's something to think about.  What about fluoride in our water, or immunizations/vaccines?  Below is the link to the vaccine schedule from the CDC.  When I grew up, I think I had one or two vaccinations.  Now, how many?  I'm not recommending for or against, just giving you something to think about and research.

Aside from the above, and environmental toxins that are hard to escape, the other major variable would be what you can regulate - your diet.  There are many variables in your diet, from sugar, to chemicals, to GMO foods, etc.  Each one may have negatives consequences for your health.  For example, below is a link to just one variable that you have complete control over:  Sugar, and its negative consequences to your health.

Autism is just one side effect of something that we're doing wrong.  What can we do?  Research - we have access to more information than ever on the internet.  Get back to basics with a healthy diet, one without chemicals, GMOs, refined foods, synthetic ingredients, etc.  For help with that, here is a link to http://foodbabe.com/  She and I have a lot in common with out diets.  It works for me, and looks like it works for her, too.  She looks like the picture of good health.  And that is my link back to photography, LOL.  If you feel and look that good, your photos will show it.  I hope this article helps YOU (and your family and friends) look and feel better, and enjoy life more.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/autism-rise-driven-by-environment/

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/0-18yrs-combined-schedule-bw.pdf

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/03/29/sugar-consumption-healthcare-costs.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment