Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

Back to Health

Over the weekend, I was down at the paddle tennis courts at Venice Beach.  I ran into someone who I hadn't seen for a while, and who totally changed his diet over the past several months.  He told me his doctors said if he had kept eating the way he had been, he probably wouldn't last another year.  I guess that was his wake-up call.  He looked the best I've seen him.  And was able to get off his prescription pain killers - he said they were the strongest ones available.  While getting off them he had terrible withdrawals.  But the difference was amazing.

The moral of the story - eat right, eat healthy, get exercise, and your health is pretty much guaranteed to get better and add not just years to your life, but enjoyable and healthy ones.  Plus it will save you a fortune on doctor bills and prescription drugs (with all their side effects, which many times are worse than what they are being taken for).

In the example above, that person found what works for him.  He almost waited too long.  As for me, through lots of experimenting and changing things, I've found what works for me.  I'm glad I didn't wait as long as he had.  As for your diet, everyone is different.  It may take some experimentation to find the best combination of foods for you, as long as the foods don't contain refined ingredients, chemicals, artificial flavors, sweeteners, and colors, preservatives, GMOs, etc.  This leaves out most packaged foods - packaged meats, such as bologna, salami, turkey, and on and on.  Always check ingredients because even the most innocent looking foods may have added ingredients that don't belong and that you should avoid.

If you are overweight, just making the above changes will most likely help you lose some of that weight.  Buying smaller sized dishes can also help.

To your health!  May you feel and look great, and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment