Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Another Reason to Always Carry Your Camera (or Tablet, Cell, etc.) and Maria Sharipova

On Friday I was at the paddle tennis courts at Venice Beach.  I hadn't planned to play as I was still tired from 12 sets in the past two days.  However, they needed a fourth player on one of the courts, and one of the guys loaned me a paddle, so played one set, which went to 11-9 (ha, never fails, when you get tired, the set always gets extended - is that part of Murphy's Law?).  On the court next to us was also a doubles game with a very tall good looking lady playing, who looked like a pretty good player.  After I finished playing, I found out it was Maria Sharipova, so went over to that court and shot several pictures.


                                        The above photo was my favorite of the images I shot.




From what I had heard, she was eliminated at Indian Wells - it was a nice surprise to see her at Venice Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment