Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Vitamins and Supplements

I was going to write about photography today, but just heard on the news about a new study that showed vitamins aren't needed, and some may be dangerous.  Funny how one negative study makes the news, but they never talk about all the positive studies.

And you won't hear the following, most likely:
Properly prescribed prescription drugs kill over 100,000 people a year.
Vitamins and Supplements generally kill zero.  But on the news they say they can be dangerous.

What was not mentioned on the news report?  Who paid for the study, what vitamins were used (there are many cheap vitamins and supplements, as well as synthetic ones, and ones that are pretty worthless as the dosages are so low), who did the study, and what previous and other studies how shown.  Any study can show any result when the study is flawed, and probably will be if the researcher wants that result.

There are studies that have shown Vitamin C does nothing for you and may be harmful.  Yet when I started taking it a few times a day, I stopped getting colds and flu.

I could go on about all the other benefits I have gotten from taking vitamins and supplements, and there are many, but the main point is to hopefully get you to do your own research, and not to believe what you hear on the media reports.  As they say with investing, do your due diligence.

Well, that's it for today.  I wish all the veterans who may visit here a happy Veterans Day (me too, as I'm a veteran), and thanks for your service.


No comments:

Post a Comment