Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Carnaval 2013 - West Hollywood - Part II (of IV)

Some things I forgot to say in Part I - If you enjoy these photos, please share with your friends.  If you are in one of the photos, please leave a comment to let me know - I would love to hear from you (I hope, LOL).  And if you see someone you know, please let them know.  Thanks.  One more thing - we are now off daylight savings and on standard time, so if you haven't, set your clock back one hour if you were on daylight savings, unless time isn't that important and you wish to opt out.

These photos show the fun and joy of this Halloween event.  This year, there was also a bad side (as mentioned in the good, the bad, and the ugly yesterday), which I will post in part III.

Now, for the second group of photos, some of which I've added comments to - others needed no comments as they speak for themselves.
Card games, anyone?  I used to play a lot of card games (bridge, hearts, war, solitaire, poker, etc.), but my cards never looked this good!

I'm a dog person, but sometimes one has to make exceptions.  This would be one of those times.

There were some pretty cagey people at the carnaval (did I go to far with this comment?)

Sometimes simple works extremely well.  It did here.

I didn't see any takers for this offer.  I can't figure out why.  Any ideas?

Not sure what was going on here, but it looks like they were having lots of fun.  Some people, when they get in front of a camera, can do the unexpected.  I love the results of spontaneity.


Not sure who these were supposed to be.  Her glasses had two small video screens with changing words.  Not sure you can see the words here.  In the above photo they show "POP" and below, "Ga."  Not sure of the significance of those letters.





These people have been here each year I've gone, always with a different message, but a similar display.


I love lively colorful outfits - and this one sure fits that description.

Some of the costumes are pretty intricate, not to mention expensive, as I'm sure these were.  And very beautiful.








The two photos above would not be here if I had shot JPG rather than RAW - the reflective surfaces on the back of the firetruck completely fooled the camera light meter, which also explains the grainy look (which was reduced in LightRoom as much as I felt was appropriate).  But the firemen and women do so much for so many (including at this carnaval) that I had to include them.




If you look closely at the skeletons face, you will see the eyes looking at you.




Very colorful - and fun.

The lady in black was a favorite of mine.  Very beautiful.






I'll end today's post with an Angel.  Hope you've enjoyed this installment of Halloween 2013 in West Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment