Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Beware of Price Comparisons - in Photography, Vitamins, Supplements, Etc.

Why beware?  It can cost you a lot of your hard earned money.  The cost comparisons are most likely being compared to the highest price that can be found.  For example, I came across this list of prices for ingredients of a product (a one month supply) - it shows the cost of each if bought separately:



However, the benfotiamine (B1) I found at $4.76/month, the R-Alpha Lipoic Acid at about $10/month, the B12 in the methyl form $3.50/month, Vitamin D3 - for 1000 iu (500 iu in their formula) - about 60 cents a month!  And for the rest of the ingredients, around $6 or less per month.  Don't know where they checked their prices.

Bottom Line:  The total cost to buy these ingredients separately would be around $25/month at most.  What are they charging for a one month supply?  $63 (Plus S&H), but if you buy 3 bottles, it goes to around $43.33/bottle, plus shipping and Handling (doesn't say how much S & H is).

One more comparison (because I take this one) - there is a health formula that contains 8 superfoods.  If you or I were to buy an 8 month supply from the company, it would cost $33.73/month (not sure what shipping is).  I bought each identical ingredient separately, and the cost was around $12/month (which includes shipping)

What about with photography?  It's a bit different for products compared to services.  Each photographer will be different in what they offer, the quality of their work, their personalities, etc.  The first thing I would look for is a total and complete 100% money back guarantee so if you don't get the images you want, you don't pay.  You take no risk of losing your money for a bad result.  I'm sure that if a photographer offers this it's because his work is excellent, and he/she stands behind it.  BTW - I offer it.  The last thing I would want to hear is this, "he did a terrible job, and I had to pay him," when they would be referring to my photography.  I would much rather hear, "I didn't get the photos I wanted, but the photographer was great, and gave me every penny back - and was totally nice about it.  He even offered me a completely free re-shoot."

It is very easy with the internet and Google or other search engines to make your own comparisons.  And thus save a lot of money.  Or find someone who will give you great results.  As always, I hope this post helps at least one person.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!









No comments:

Post a Comment