Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Glamour/Beauty Portrait Photography

If you've followed this blog for any time, you'll know that it has two major interests:  Photography and Health.  It is supposed to be only a photography blog, but health is too important to dismiss, and besides that, good health is paramount to getting great photography.  I have an extensive background in both.  I've been practicing and studying professional photography since 1969 when I got my first Nikon, and studying and practicing nutrition since the late 1970s.  This post is about my photography - I am planning to do Glamour/Beauty Portrait Photography in the near future.  I would like to get some new samples, so would do these for FREE!  If you think you have the look and are willing to sign a model release, please contact me.  I will only be doing this for a limited number of people.

What is Glamour/Beauty Portrait Photography?  Different people will define it differently.  If you are paying to have your beauty/glamour portrait done, then you are the one who will define it however you feel is appropriate to you.  If you go to the following link, you will see examples of how one photographer defines it:  Sue Bryce.  Below, you will see samples of what I feel it might be.  In the past, I had not had a professional make-up person at my photo sessions.  To bring out and highlight your beauty, I now encourage it, although if you are experienced, you may be able to do your own.  Below are some photos I have done.  All the people did their own make-up and hair.  As always, if you click on a photo, you can see it larger.




Note that your images can be in color or black and white.  Also Sepia, and an almost infinite number of other effects, from realistic to artistic.










This was an unplanned photo taken while she really was putting on her make-up before the shoot.  It is a reflection of her in a (very clean) mirror.










Glamour Portrait Photography can include, besides what is shown here and at the Sue Bryce's link above, Boudoir Photography, Intimate Portraiture, Pin-Up, and Beauty Portraits.  It is meant to make you look like what you might see on a magazine cover, or on the pages of the magazine.  It will, if done right, make you look like you never thought you could, but like you've always wanted to.

Note that my new photography is still in the planning stages.  I don't yet have set prices and I will want to photograph some new image samples - for this, the session time will be free, and the print cost will be quite inexpensive.  And those I choose for this will be very limited, to fit the images I will be looking for (similar to some of those above).

On some day prior to the photo session, a consultation is required so we can go over all your questions, suggest poses or looks (I've put together a posing book), or you can show me poses you've clipped out of a magazine that you would like to try.  Plus you can tell me your best features, features you might want to hide, as well as any other concerns.  The consultation is Free of Charge.  The actual session can be at your location or a location of your choosing.

People always want to know about pricing.  At one end, we have photographers like Bradford Rowley (don't worry, I won't be charging this much for a while), and at the other end there are companies like Glamour Shots that have Groupon Coupons, are very inexpensive initially, but try to pressure you into spending a fortune, according to some Yelp reviews.  You can see some of those Here.  As you read some of the comments, you can rest assured I do not do what they do.  Below are some policies I will be offering - what I imagine a Bradford Rowley or a Sue Bryce might offer - although very few photographers offer the first one.

A total and complete money back guarantee - if you decide the photos aren't what you wanted, you do not have to accept the results, and you get every penny back that you paid for the photography.  If you get make-up and hair done, any refund for that would be up to the make-up artist.  If your photos don't thrill you, I didn't do my job and shouldn't be paid!

You have the final say on all poses, which will be discussed in the consultation.  I will be there to assist and direct you, but you have the final say.

There is never any pressure to pose a certain way, or order any amount photos.

The atmosphere will always be very relaxed - after all, to get the best images, you have to enjoy the process and have fun doing it.  At the same time, it will be extremely professional.

We will discuss what is involved with post processing and how much you might want.  We can smooth your skin a lot, a little, or not at all.  We can get rid of blemishes, and even change the way the lighting looks!  Before ordering any prints or books, we can show you comparisons of different amounts of post processing to give you an idea of what can be done if you wish, so you can choose how you want to look.

There will be no set amount of exposures per session.  Nor will there be a set amount of time....well, within limits for both.  It will basically be whatever time and exposures are needed to get what you want.  It might be one hour or four, 50 shots or 500.  My goal is to give you the best experience possible so that you'll love your photos....and send all your friends to me for theirs!  It may include several changes of clothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment