Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Paddle Tennis, Sam Querrey, and Bodybuilding on Labor Day at Venice Beach

I went to Venice Beach on Labor Day, planning to take photos of the bodybuilding contests and play some paddle tennis.  The Muscle Beach contest was good as always, but too crowded for me to be able to get the photos I would have liked, so just shot extremely few of those before leaving for the paddle tennis courts.  Here are two photos from outside the event:



I ended up shooting more photos at the paddle tennis courts - Sam Querrey was there playing paddle tennis, just a couple of days after losing to Djokovic in the third round of the US Open.  He was very nice and had no problem letting me come onto the court and photographing his play, plus posing for some group photos.  As this was an unplanned shoot in the middle of the day, the lighting was not cooperative, but still got some nice results.  For posting here on my blog, most of the photos have been cropped, except for the group photo.  If you would like to see the full size, please contact me.  Here are those photos:













Thank you Sam Querrey for being so nice and letting me take these photos - hope you enjoy seeing them.

After shooting the above photos, got in five fun sets of paddle tennis!  Won some, lost some.



No comments:

Post a Comment