Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Labor Day

Labor Day, also known as the Unofficial end of Summer (although we still have 3 more weeks of Summer), is here again.  At Venice Beach's muscle beach they have their annual bodybuilding competition.  Then next Saturday is the final Bikini Competition of the Summer.  There are also several paddle tennis competitions during the year.  Here are some photos of various events.














In the future, I will be posting photos of the past from Venice Beach - I've been taking photos there since the early 1980s.  Unfortunately, some of the original photos degraded over time, and although they are able to be fixed somewhat with editing software, the quality may still not be up to the level of recent digital photos.  I am also hoping to do more individual photos of people, as in the photo below - I shot only 4 photos of her, which goes to show that you don't always have to shoot hundreds of images to get one good one.  Also note that it has not been retouched and no extra lighting or reflectors were used - it helps to have someone who looks this good.  It was shot with my Panasonic FZ 30 (which I call my "Beach Camera" as that was what I bought it for).


Hope you enjoy these photos and have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment