Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Health, Happiness, and Longevity

Every so often, I have to write about health - without it, you won't be able to enjoy all my other posts.  OK, forget that reason.  You won't be able to enjoy your life as much, if at all, if you are always sick and tired.  I know, because growing up, and until the age of around 30, I was sick all the time, or so it seemed.  Once, when I was around 20, I went 6 months without a cold and I couldn't believe it.  Then I got really sick with the flu.  Now the last time I had a cold or flu was over 10 years ago.  How did I get these changes to happen?  Through a healthy diet and after much study and experimentation with supplements.

It seems every few days I hear about or talk with someone who has health problems a lot worse than colds.  Heart problems, diabetes, arthritis, pain in general, and the drugs they take sometimes cause side effects worse than the original problem.  Or the surgery does, if they make it that far.  One guy who played paddle tennis left the courts and diet of a heart attack at 55.  My advice is to at least follow the guidelines below and boycott all junk foods (foods with chemicals, artificial ingredients, sugar, or GMO).  For more on good foods, check out foodbabe.com.

Below is a good way for you to get started.  The only thing I would add to the guidelines is to buy organic food when you can.  Organic food in not GMO, so organic corn is OK.


11 Basic Guidelines for General Health and Longevity Infographic
The above is not complete.  If you eat meat, only eat it from grass fed animals that have not been given antibiotics, growth hormone, or GMO feed.  Buy organic chicken and organic eggs.  If you are vegetarian, you can skip this part.

Back to paddle tennis on one of my next posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment