Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Too Many Choices, Trial and Error

Have you ever shopped for something, or searched for something on Google, and came up with way too many choices?  Even after narrowing down your search?  Recently I've been reading that offering too many choices results is lower sales, this according to studies, and I'm sure through experience, too.  I guess that's where K.I.S.S. came from.  Keep it simple.  Not so easy when doing a Google search!

What made me think of the above is that one of my websites is going the way of the Dodo bird - the host of the site is being discontinued.  So, I need to find a new host and build a new site, which I've been wanting to do, anyway.  And when I started searching for a new host, guess what?  Too many choices!

Through further searches and reviews that I Googled, I had narrowed it down.  The first two I tried, which had gotten good reviews, ended up being too difficult to use to set things up as I wanted.  Whichever I end up with will be though trial and error.  When I do finally get it set up, you will still be able to check it out at tonybelmontphotography.com - so no need to worry about not finding it.

Trial and error has also applied to the supplements I take (notice how I segued into this).  Each person is different and has different needs.  However, most people are deficient in magnesium and vitamin D (always use D3).  If you take a calcium supplement, make sure to take it with magnesium, vitamin D and Vitamin K.  I take vitamin K1& K2-MK7 complex (Vitacost), and magnesium potassium complex by Country Life.  And about 2000mg vitamin C daily, along with other specific supplements for joints, immune system, etc.  I have found pretty much what works for me and occasionally will try something new.

A few years ago, I had been getting some severe calf cramps at night, added the calcium, magnesium, potassium and no longer get any cramps.  This is what I meant by saying each person is different.  You may not have problems with cramping, but get headaches.  Whatever problems you do have, perhaps some combination of supplements will help the underlying cause.  Of course, if you are on any medications, you must check with your health practitioner and perhaps the pharmacist, too, to make sure a particular supplement won't interfere with it, or intensify its effect.  For example, I met a lady who told me she had been on blood thinning drugs, then took gingko and ended up having a stroke.  So please be careful if you are on prescription drugs.

As always, have a great day and week, and year.

No comments:

Post a Comment