Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

TGIF...Selfies, and "Professional" Cameras

Happy Friday everyone.  Yesterday I talked a little about "Selfies."  The photo of myself that I've been using for FB, here, and on my site was a selfie.  It was shot using a tripod, window light, in Camera RAW, and edited with Lightroom and Portrait Professional software.


It was taken with a Canon EOS 40D.  This is no longer considered a professional camera.  I'm starting to think the "Professional Camera" designation is a marketing ploy to get professional photographers to think anything less than the latest and greatest is not professional.  I may not be able to blow the photo up to the same size as I would be able to from a 24 megapixel camera (although I could get a very good 24x30 or even 30x40 image from it).  For example, the photo below was shot with a Canon EOS 10D (only 6 mp) and was made into a 24x30 with excellent results.


This photo was cropped and reduced in size and quality for this blog.  You can always click on any photo to see a larger size.  In the original viewed at full size, I can see the reflection of my silhouette in the pupils of her eyes.

Have a great weekend everyone.  Stay healthy and happy (see my prior post about the healthy part).

No comments:

Post a Comment