Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

An Unplanned Photo Shoot at the Beach

I was down at the paddle tennis courts at Venice Beach yesterday, watching instead of playing due to a pulled muscle.  I always bring what I call my beach camera with me - after all, it's Venice Beach, so you never know what you might see.  I was watching a friend of mine play, and win, several hard fought sets.  After she finished, I asked her if perhaps we could shoot some photos, and she agreed.  It was a Sunday, so a lot of people going by - hard to isolate her.  And no reflectors, other than the sand and the pavement, but that worked pretty well.  My beach camera is a Panasonic FZ30 which has an electronic viewfinder - I really do not care for electronic viewfinders - it makes it difficult to really catch the great expressions, at least for me.  My non-beach cameras have optical viewfinders.  As far as quality goes, the Panasonic is excellent as long as there is sufficient light.  I have enlarged one photo to 24x30 with excellent results.  I got off on a bit of a tangent - some of the results are below.  Always keep in mind that the photos I post online are reduced in size and quality from the originals for faster uploading times and for on screen viewing.




That's it for today - hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment