Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2016

My Experience with the Flu Vaccine

I joined the US Air Force many years ago, and during basic training they required everyone to line up for the flu vaccine - no choice given.  They did not give any information about possible side effects or what ingredients were being shot into your arm (literally shot, with the flu gun).  I just remember extreme pain in my arm about 10 seconds after the shot, and then being sick for the following three days.  Mild fever, achy, feeling generally terrible.  I have no doubt it was a direct result of the shot.  Something else happened that at the time I didn't connect to the shot.  About a week or two after the shot, the tips of my fingers starting showing little red dots on them, and after several days of this, the skin started peeling off and my finger tips were red and raw - so bad, it got me out of KP.

Needless to say, I never got another flu shot, nor any other vaccines.  And now, thanks to a healthy diet and supplements, I never get the flu.  In fact, I haven't even had a cold for the past 5 plus years.  But if you believe the vaccine pushers, you would have thought I would have gotten pneumonia, meningitis, hepatitis, the flu every year, and be dead by now.

No one knows if the flu shot is effective or how effective it might be.  Why?  Most people aren't tested to see if they have the flu or some other similar virus.  And the flu virus mutates, so the vaccine may be for the wrong strain.  But what is known is that the side effects are going to affect a certain percent of people, and some of those will be life threatening.  There's no way to know ahead of time, and once something happens, you can't undo the shot.  What are the possible side effects?  Make sure you read the actual package insert (the one that's several pages long) to read the list.  Then you can make an informed decision.

For me, maintaining a strong and healthy immune system is so much better.  In my next post on this subject, I'll be adding a lot of new links for your further research.  There are some really good articles out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment