Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year Health & Photography

I was just reading a photography blog about a photographer who spent the welcoming of the New Year sick, along with her family.  Also on her site, she showed all the cupcakes and candy they were having for the holidays.  Hmmm.  I used to eat things like that when I was growing up, and I got sick 4 or more times a year, every year.  I'm sure everyone has heard the saying, "You are what you eat."  Well, I got sick of being sick, and started researching health and talking with healthy people.  And changed my diet.  And kept taking it to the next step.  And now, many years later, get sick once every 3-5 years.  During this time, I owned my own health food/vitamin store and stopped doing photography.  I have now returned to photography and will be specializing in weddings starting in 2012.  And to make sure I do the best job possible, I want to make sure I stay healthy - by eating well (no refined sugars, no artificial sweeteners, colors, or anything else artificial.  Also take the proper supplements, exercise, etc.  I hope anyone who reads this will follow this lead.

One of my favorite quotes:  "He who has health, has hope; and who has hope, has everything."

A photography professor told us in class, eliminate as many variables as you can to get the best results.  This applies to health as well as photography.  He also said that whatever you do, take it one step farther.  And again, this applies to, well, life in general.

If anyone who stops by here has any questions about photography or health, diet, supplements, please feel free to ask - I will do my best to answer.

I know this is a photography blog, primarily, so will start posting more photos in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment