Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cropping, Resizing, Adjusting Photos

Before I get into the title, wanted to say that I hope you all had a happy and safe Thanksgiving, a good Black Friday, and have fun on Cyber Monday.

I was looking through an old hard drive and had forgotten I had taken some surfing photos with my Panasonic FZ30, set to about 400mm with the zoom.  Decided to see what I could do with it in Lightroom.  The results are below.

The above one is the original out of the camera.

Adjusted in Lightroom 3.6.

And, of course, cropped - not sure if you can see some facial detail in this one, as it was reduced in size for this post, but was visible in the original size.  With all the photo editing programs available, there are many more things you can do with your images, such as changing facial expressions, making them into watercolor, look like an oil painting, and on and on.  Take people out of a photo, or add them to it.  And you can fix those old family photos that have been torn, scratched, faded, etc., and return them to new or close to it.

Hope you enjoy the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment