Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pro or Anti Vaccine - Neither. Pro Freedom of Choice - Yes

I realized I didn't quite finish my last post.  What did I leave out?  The reason for the post.  Which is this - to balance what you most likely have been hearing in the media (even on Jimmy Kimmel!).  They report all the benefits of vaccines, but none of the downsides.  Both sides slant the statistics in their favor.  For example, before the measles vaccine in this country, measles cases had dropped 98%.  They say the vaccine reduced measles by 99%.  The only conclusion I can come to if both these statistics are true is that the vaccine reduced the remaining 2% by 99% since 1966.  Would the same have happened without the vaccine?  Would measles have been wiped out without the vaccine?  We'll never know.

As far as adverse events related to vaccines - that gets complicated.  How many are there that go unreported (how many know how to report it)?  How many connect an adverse event to the vaccine?  How many are actually caused by the vaccine?  How long might it be before there is an adverse event?  Is the 108 deaths reported from measles vaccine actually caused by the vaccine?  Is it coincidence?  Or is the actual number much much higher?  How about less serious side effects, such as life long brain damage?  What long term negative effect may it have on your immune system?  Why are the makers of vaccines not liable for damages from the vaccines?  And if they are as safe as reported, why have $2.8 billion been paid by the government (the taxpayers, but not the drug companies) to settle claims?  I'm sure there are many more questions.  The point is, there is ample reason for doubt and many reasons everyone should have Freedom of Choice.  Wasn't this country founded on that concept?

Years ago, when I co-owned a vitamin/health food store in Santa Monica, I studied for and received my masters degree, and took all the courses for the PhD degree in holistic nutrition (but never wrote the thesis).  I wanted to learn the truth about this subject.  What I learned was the same thing as with vaccines - there is no way to know the truth, as everyone disagrees about the benefits of this or that and everyone's body reacts differently to different substances.  It may work or not work, it may do harm or do good.  Unfortunately, with vaccines, you don't know until after the vaccination.  I posted all those links so you can get educated about both sides of the argument and then make an informed decision.  

The Pros and Cons of vaccines parallels the pros and cons of vitamins and supplements.  If you listen to the media, most of the time they say you don't need them.  If you learn about vitamins and supplements, and take them, you'll realize they can do wonders for you.  They have for me.  It is my Freedom of Choice to take them or not - I choose to take them.  They work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment