Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Do You Read a Lot of Books?

Thought you might be getting tired of all the bikini and paddle tennis photos, so here's something a little different to think about.  I got this idea from another photographer who, every so often posts about the latest books she's reading, along with a mini synopsis of what the book is about.  The books are both fiction and nonfiction.  But of all the books she's talked about, none that I have seen in her posts are about health and nutrition.

If I had to answer a survey about the 10 most important things in life, at the top or very near, would be health.  So if you have time to read books, it makes sense to read some about health.  Here is a photo of part of my bookshelf relating to health, although the very first one I ever read, and which got me started on following a healthy diet is not there - Hunza Health Secrets - I gave it to someone who needed it.  But here are some of the others:


Of course, in addition to these, I have read the usual "How To Win Friends and Influence People," "Think and Grow Rich," books by Tony Robbins, etc.  And I still enjoy science fiction - Heinlein, Asimov, Bradbury, Ellison, Vonnegut, and more.  But without my health, I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy all the other books quite as much.

Some people tell me eating a good diet won't let people live forever.  True, but they will most likely enjoy the time they have a whole lot more.

Back to bikinis and paddle tennis in my next posts.  Hope you found something useful in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment