Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Photography and a Walk in the Woods

When I was 11, my family moved from Jamaica and Forest Hills, NY to Syosset, NY.  Before that time, I had never taken a walk in the woods - the closest thing to that was going to Central Park in NYC and Cunningham Park which was 2.5 miles away from where I had lived.  But the woods by Syosset contained around 50 square miles of woods.  Now I go hiking in some of the canyons and hills around Pacific Palisades and sometimes near Santa Barbara - at Paradise, Red Rock, and Rocky Nook Park, which is in Oak Creek Canyon.

                                                       Rocky Nook Park, Santa Barbara


                                                       New York Wilderness Area

No comments:

Post a Comment