Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Photography Blog Posts for 2013

For 2013 this blog will be posting more images; initially, things I have shot in the past.  Plus, I plan on posting other thoughts, ideas, or whatever I may be thinking of at the time.  Of course, there will always be posts about the importance of health, with information about how you might be able to improve yours.

I've been doing digital photography for about 10 years and always make immediate back-ups onto external hard drives and/or CD's.  Unfortunately, my computer recently got a virus and crashed.  Had to reformat and re-install windows, and restore all my data.  That's when I found out I didn't have a back-up (or at least can't find it) for two events I photographed this past year.  Luckily, it wasn't anything really important - Memorial Day at Venice Beach, and the IFC Awards in Santa Monica (from the sidelines).  I may still find these files at another off site hard drive.  The lesson - even if shooting just for fun, which these were, always review what you've shot during the day and back up immediately.

As the year goes on, I plan on transitioning from shooting as a hobby to more semi-professionally or professionally, as I have done in the past.  I enjoy photography, and especially photographing beauty, so that will be my main emphasis.  But for now, here are some past photos that I had fun shooting.

Paddle tennis courts at Venice Beach.


More paddle tennis.


Harlem Globetrotters at Venice Beach basketball courts.


Spectators in warmer weather at Venice Beach basketball court area.

Scene along Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA.

007 - Daniel Craig at IFC Awards at Santa Monica Beach

Lucy Liu at IFC Awards

Stay tuned, more to come in future posts,  Meanwhile, have a great 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment