Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

TGIF

Another week has gone by, another week closer to elections.  In California, perhaps the most important thing on your ballot is prop 37 - the initiative to require GMO (genetically modified foods) to be labeled as such.  If you value your health, and the health of your children, then you must vote yes on 37.

I heard on the news last night that allergy season is in full force, and really bad this season.  I used to have very bad allergies this time of year, to the point that I was wheezing and couldn't sleep.  But no more - thankfully I did some research , improved my diet, and took some supplements.  The main one that worked for me for my allergies was originally cysteine (which smells like rotten eggs), an amino acid that contains sulfur, and now MSM which doesn't have that rotten egg smell :)

Unlike drugs, no side effects, but it did take several weeks to take full effect.  Of course, if you are taking any drugs or have any health conditions, consult your health practitioner (hopefully one who knows about nutrition and supplements).  Over the years, I have added and subtracted many other supplements until I found what seems to work best for me.  Everyone is different, so what has worked for me may not work for you.  But whether you trade stocks, are a photographer, or have a health condition, do your due diligence (aka research) to find what works best.

Speaking of photography - I've recently been comparing the new Canon 6D, 7D, 5D MKII, Nikon D600 and D700.  And I've reached the following conclusion - with the best lenses, any of these should be able to do what you need a camera to do.  With that said, the only other thing to do is look at specific details.  And if you are really picky, rent each one for a short time and do some shots and see what you like.  I was thinking of upgrading from my Canon 40D, but then realized it gives me beautiful photos (with a little help from me, LOL), and perhaps a new lens would be better - the Canon 24-105 f4 L IS EF USM.  Have read nothing but excellent reviews about this one.

Volleyball at Santa Monica Beach photo - taken with Panasonic FZ30:


And this one was taken outside of the IFC Awards at Santa Monica Beach this past February (or was it March?) - signing autographs (who is this?):


Have a fun and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment