Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Paddle Tennis Action Shots

The following photos were shot on Friday, August 12, 2016 at the Venice Beach Paddle Tennis courts.  After playing several sets, and needing a break from the action, I thought it would be nice to photograph some action shots.  All were shot with the Panasonic FZ200 which it the camera I use at the beach because it is light weight, has a maximum aperture of f2.8 at all focal lengths, and zooms from 24mm - 600mm.  Of course, the quality won't be as good as a Canon or Nikon with a prime lens, and it has a slight delay after shooting a photo before you can shoot the next one (I'm wondering if perhaps that's due to the compact flash card I'm using), but can get some nice shots.  Forgot to mention it has image stabilization which allows me to shoot at 600mm hand held - during the day.

The shots are of Nicole, whom I played 3 sets with her on my side (thankfully), and one set against her - she's a great player, and fun with or against.  And she was nice enough to let me take these.  Hope you enjoy, and if you play paddle tennis against her, watch out!  As always, to see the photos larger, just click on them.























No comments:

Post a Comment