Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nikkor to EOS Adapter Test

Follow up to Nikkor to EOS adapter - Adapter works and fits fine, and tight. Tested with 135 f2.8 Nikkor on my old 10D (will check with 40D and other lenses next) - works great indoors with window light. However, in high contrast outdoors, get fringing, and DPP by Canon doesn't fix that for Nikkor lenses, nor did LR4.  Adapter also fits an old 70-250 f3.8 Vivitar lens that was made for the Nikon.  Both the 10D and 40D have a 1.6x crop factor, so the 135mm becomes a 216mm.  The 70 - 250mm will now be 112 - 400mm.  


The adapter was the Fotodiox for about $70.  They also have a much cheaper version for $14.95 (both from Amazon), which I think I will try for my other two lenses.  I read that don't fit as tight out of the box, but there is supposed to be an adjustment that can be made to get them to fit tight.  It is a bit of a problem getting the adapter off the lens, so don't want to keep switching the one I have.


Hope you all have a great weekend.  Tomorrow is the Super Bowl which I will not be watching, as the weather is too beautiful here in Los Angeles Venice area to stay at home - Sunny, mid 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment