Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2018

Bye Bye Winter

I just saw a post by Tamara Lackey (photographer) that reminded me of some of the hardships photographers will endure in order to get the shot.  It reminded me of the time I was getting the following shots in Ithaca, NY, in about 10-degree weather.  In order to shoot the photos, I had to take my gloves off to operate the camera - a Nikon FTn with a 50mm f1.4 lens.  The photos faded and color shifted over time, but with editing software, was able to almost get them back to their original colors.  The first three photos are the result of the spray from a nearby waterfall.  As Rod Stewart said, "Every Picture Tells a Story." 





The above photo was of a small waterfall that was just about completely frozen, much like me and my fingers!

If you look closely at the walls in this photo, you can see the icicles from water that oozed out of the cracks.  My fingers felt like those icicles.  But I'm glad I shot these.


This bottom photo reminds me of the book by Kurt Vonnegut - "Cat's Cradle" and Ice-9.  It looks like an ice cloud covering the sun - now that is cold.  Aren't you happy to say bye bye to Winter?  

No comments:

Post a Comment