Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2015

As I See It - Cost of Internet Courses & Products

Having received so many offers for internet courses and products, I always wonder how they come up with their regular price.  Perhaps a few CDs and a 50 page book will be $397.  That seems totally detached from reality, or completely ridiculous.  Of course, then they offer a one time discount if you act NOW.

For example, I got an offer for a photography related course.  The offer was listed as 67% off the original price of $297, for just $97.  I'm pretty sure no one would pay $297.  But where does that price come from?  I know they know what they really think it might be worth, which is the $97 offer, but that is even over valued.

For example, let's say there was a course in Photoshop reduced from $399 to $99.  Well, for $30 you can buy a book on Photoshop from Amazon (even less if it's a used book), which probably gives you a lot more information than the course.  Or you can Google "PhotoShop" for free and find the answers you need.  And the answer would usually be quicker and easier to find.

Another example:  A while back I found an offer for an organic super green and herbal mix powder, advertised by a Beverly Hills doctor (I wonder if he was really from BH).  The formula of ingredients looked excellent.  He claimed if you bought all the ingredients separately, you would pay four times his price.  Well, I did some searching for all of the organic ingredients and the price was about 1/4 his price.  Maybe if I had looked for the most expensive sites I could have ended up paying more, but that's the benefit of the internet - you can shop and compare.  I even added a few more super food powders to the mix and still paid a lot less.

The point is that I think most people pull prices out of the air, so to speak, then reduce them to get people to think they are getting the deal of their lives.  But in reality, I believe we are not even getting a deal.

Bottom line:  It pays to be a smart shopper, check around, and save.

No comments:

Post a Comment