Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

Lots of activities at Venice Beach this weekend.  Yesterday they had sumo wrestling - pretty fun to watch.  Today there are boxing matches, and tomorrow is the big competition at the weight pen (right next to the paddle tennis courts - where you can find me a lot).  I'll be out there with my camera seeing....who knows what, because at Venice Beach, well...you never know what you might see.  Whether it's an ape on a bicycle, a monkey on skates, a chainsaw or fire juggler, sword swallower, or ??????? - you just never know.  I've seen all of the above.  This photo says it all:

I learned today on my FB page that today is the 71st anniversary of the sinking of the Bismark.  If you are unsure what that is about, there was an old Johnny Horten song you can see on YouTube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KecIdlEAKhU .

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment